Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Knitting for Me!

I have been working on a knitting project -- an old project. Of course when I pulled the project out after a hiatus of about 9 months I decided to re-knit it. Mostly I enlarged it just a bit. The yarn is soft the pattern is very stretchy but I do not want it all stretched out. Of course since then I have wondered if I made the correct decision!

The yarn was something I bought on deep discount from Webs, a closeout as I recall. I chose the yarn because it was a good price and the jewel tones were so lovely. I am really fond of these kind of tones.

I love the cute little star shape that is exposed when the ball of yarn nears its end.

I am not exactly sure about the design of this sweater. I have begun with the back. It is one of the first things I have knit with seams in ages and ages. It is a modified 2x2 rib with baby cables. It is relatively long and has a tiny amount of shaping at the waist. I do not remember what I had originally planned for the front. At present I am thinking about a gentle V neck. And as for the sleeves I expect they will have a bit of shaping, but that is for another day.



No comments: