Sunday, June 13, 2010

UFOs#2

Objects I forgot when I made the first list

9. Yellow and Blue Crib Quilt – which I have been hand quilting for years and which is sitting in the living room. How on earth did I forget it? And it is the first quilt I ever started -- obviously not the first quilt finished though.


10. Sawtooth Stars on a Navy Ground – another one I was actually working on as I wrote the list. It is now pieced up to, but not including the borders. I can’t figure out exactly what I am going to do. I want the border to be relatively substantial (4+ inches) because I want the quilt to be a bit bigger. The quilt is based on the Sawtooth Star quilt on page 40 of the second edition of Quilts, Quilts, Quilts by McClun and Nownes. I don’t want mine to be exactly the same – but neither do I want it to be different just to be different. I now have an idea!

11. I have several strips of pieced stripes of greys and lavenders – at least some of which will go together to produce a wall hanging.

12. Alternating Greens and Peaches wall hanging – largely but not completely quilted. Actually much of this quilt has been quilted twice so it is not exactly on my oh what a fun quilt list.

13. Shades of Green – A quilt I started after I wrote the first list. About half the blocks are partially completed.

No comments: