Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Table in Use

The last couple times I was down on the floor basting a quilt -- taping and then pinning the sandwich together, I got rather whiny. So when a local store had banquet tables on sale I bought two, to use together for making the quilt sandwich.

It is not a perfect solution, due to manufacturing flaws the two tables are not exactly the same height where they meet, but the height difference doesn't seem to pose a big problem and I think it is faster than working on the floor. I pinned my first quilt on the two tables at standard height -- and that was a bit painful -- all that leaning over and down.

So, with a little help (actually a lot of help) I found fantastic way to raise the table -- sections of pvc pipe.

2012-11-13 031a


Now I think it is a little too tall. It is perfect at the edges, but it is a long high stretch to reach the center of the table, nonetheless the raised tables are a big step forward.

Here's the first quilt I pinned on the new improved table (photographed in bright afternoon sunshine, a good reminder that it is not always grey).

Untitled

And here's the one I started pinning last night.

Untitled

No comments: