Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quilt Tops

I've now got two quilt tops almost completed. (and I've already picked out the backing fabric for the Churn Dash, bright black and white top). When finished, I think both quilts will have an additional fairly narrow border. Neither of these two have real names yet. I kind of like the idea of calling the quilt with all that colour -- Black and White, but...

Black and White or Bright Churn Dash Quilt

Churn Dash -- Bright

Although I have the black and white backing fabric for this quilt, it will take a bit of work. The quilt is a bit wider than the fabric and so I am going to insert a bright section, including some of the colours used on the front of the quilt.

Because of a mental slippage, I accidentally made two, too many blocks, so I have started a second quilt using the Churn Dash block in brights and black and white. (And shockingly enough I have the backing fabric for this quilt as well. I saw it and it struck me as absolutely perfect.)

Field of Blue Stars


Blue Stars

I think I am off to start the process of adding the borders.

No comments: