Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pinks and Chartreuse

This quilt has given me a great deal of trouble.

I think I started it, during the period of my worst vision before the first of my cataract surgeries, and then I only worked on it a little in a very slipshod sort of manner between the two surgeries. The angles for the stars are not standard. I had to make my own template, which I could not see very well and then I got the math and almost every measurement wrong in almost every way possible. Given all that I am pretty pleased I got to this point.

I took a break, here after sewing the border on two sides so that I could think about what I was going to do about the corners. Since I had pretty much decided I want to use the grey fabric with the pinks and chartreuse for the binding, I wanted to make sure the corners would work with that. Now that I have taken the picture, I think I have a solution. The corners will be dark grey and pink.

Pinks and Chartreuse

No comments: