Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nine Patch

I was cruising online feeling lazy and enjoying looking at quilts other people had made. After spending a while at happythings blog I spent even longer looking at the quilt images. I was inspired by this one to try my own simple nine patch -- kid's quilt.

I am now finishing up the top for one and have a goodly portion of the blocks for a second variation. I love making multiple versions because you learn so much from the differences. Because I made the strips and thus the blocks a little smaller than I had originally intended, I will have a small border band on mine. I like the look of no border, maybe because I got used to the borderless look in all of my potholders, but it is interesting how much a border can change the quilt top.

Looking down on my quilt top before adding the border.

No comments: