Thursday, July 29, 2010

Colour Block Quilt -- In Progress

I still have oodles and oodles of images to post from the Sisters Quilt show, but first some images of the quilt I have just been working on. I was inspired to do a quilt made of simple blocks or strips of colour when I saw this one. Of course, once I began it was not all that simple. As I worked on it I was designing it as a vertical piece (and a blanket) like the one that inspired me, but I plopped down in a chair while talking on the phone and I saw it hanging horizontally on the ironing board and I kind of like that. So we will see. And I haven't decided what I will do to finish the top, I am seriously thinking of doing a band similar to the quilt that inspired this project, but I am not yet sure. Again, we will see.



Hanging on the clothesline -- I liked the light shining through it (and glaring in the camera lens).



And a detail because I love the stained glass effect.



And finally laying on the carpet without the benefit of solar glow.


No comments: