Monday, February 13, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Okay, so I am a little late with my resolution, but the idea for my first resolution only just came to me last week.

I am teaching a knitting class this term, and in preparation I went to the public library and checked out a couple of knitting books, one of which was Hip Knit Hats by Cathy Carron. In the process of working on one of the patterns, so that I could help a student, it came to me -- I could and should knit 52 hats this year, basically one a week except that I am starting a bit late so I will really need to get my skates on. I have a simple go to hat pattern, which is infinitely variable, and which knits up quickly and almost always produces a satisfying result, but I think I will use this resolution as an excuse to do a little stretching. I plan to make a bunch of new hats.

This book has several very cute patterns, which I plan to make for kids rather than for adults. I have one hat knit -- except for the pompom and another hat well on the way. I think it is a bit small, so I have a wonderful excuse to make it again, in a slightly larger size. Plus I am not completely satisfied with the cast on and crown, so I may want to make a few more variations.

And since this whole hat project involves what is essentially a weekly task it occurred to me that I should also commit to at least one post a week. I can do this! I will prove it to you.

No comments: