Saturday, September 15, 2012

Works in Progress

A few of the projects I am most actively working on.

Fighting Fishes

Fighting Fish

The beginning of two blocks, photographed on my ironing board. This block, "Fighting Fish," was my guild's block of the month, back in March, for Pisces, but I didn't get around to making one then, barely thought about it even, but somehow it sunk into my subconsciousness and I've been thinking about for the last couple months. That little 3x3 block was one of the hardest I have ever made. The complete 12 inch block calls for four of the pairs of fish and for the rest of it to be made of the background colour. I haven't finished them off, because I don't think there will be enough contrast -- somehow I am going to add contrast in the middle.


Mini Quilt

Mini Quilt (in progres)

This little piece is mainly made from left over pieces from another unfinished object. I am not quite sure how I will finish off the top and bottom borders. I kind of think I need to extend an orange triangle into one of the borders -- probably the top as that will leave the blue star on the cream fabric slightly more visible than if I were to extend the orange triangle in the lower right.


Service Committee Round Robin


Service Committee Round Robin

My goal here was to increase the size and to increase the scale. If I maintained the scale of the six inch nine patch blocks I felt the whole would become chaotic. I wanted to add an element that would allow the small blocks to read as one area of playful blue and yellow. So I am adding a large blue and yellow box around the smaller box. It might be working although a slip with the rotary blade which has made one side is a bit short has me in a bit of a snit.

No comments: