Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finishing: not so much fun


I am in the process of finishing up as many things as I can (small quilts and needlepoint pieces) before a couple of Holiday sales. Why, oh why, do I find the process of finishing and labeling, never mind pricing things so much more time consuming and depressing than the initial stages of planning, designing and investigating the possibilities. Sigh, I guess the question virtually answers itself. Nonetheless, I am sure the first portions of the work do actually take more time than the fiddly bits at the end, but they are ever so much more fun.

Why on earth do I find the process of tagging these pieces so much more complicated than making them? And lets not even talk about photographing them or editing the photographs.

There is always tomorrow, at least for a few more days.

No comments: