Monday, November 24, 2008

More Thoughts on Finishing

Having spent the last week fiddling about it is obvious it is not only my craft projects that I have trouble finishing. I have finally finished painting the exterior windows, a task I tackled over the course of weeks – although what with the scraping, priming and finally painting, who could blame me for the procrastination. I also finally finished fencing in the strawberry patch, because, without going into disgusting details, the cats seemed to have found the nice loose soil irresistible. They have now been foiled.

My other, long term, and still unfinished project, is painting the bathroom. It began as a simple job, painting the new window frame, repairing some of the base board, and touching up the walls and ceiling, but due to a paint mixing mix up, the project became a large and mind boggling. I simply was not prepared to think creatively about changes to the decor. But now, finally, I am almost finished. I fixed the most damaged baseboard by cobbling together a bit of baseboard and a thin piece of wood (the original baseboard is not available locally), and I repaired the fishy shower curtain with some ironable plastic, a hole punch, and new metal eyelets. And I have begun to put stick-on-fish on to the walls, but finishing the big job has still escaped me. I bought some narrow wallpaper to put where two troublesome paint colors meet, but making this final commitment and applying the wallpaper is still beyond me.

I have made some progress finishing my needle point ornaments so I will have a few of them for the sale. I love the sense of progress and success I get from seeing a pile of them all finished in one place at one time.


So with a little luck, in a couple weeks, after this up coming sale I will bite the bullet, apply the wall paper and the rest of the sticky fish, and subsequently reap the rewards of having finished the bathroom.

No comments: