Friday, August 24, 2012

Service Quilt Round Robin

One of my guild's, The Mary's River Quilt Guild's, on going projects is to make quilts for local people in need. One of the Service Committee's newer tactics, designed to increase the production of service quilts, is to do round robins.

I picked this one up to work on.


Service Quilt Round Robin

I am not sure how many people have worked on it to date, but I guess two.

I enjoy working on these round robins because I feel free to work with the design constraints of the piece without worrying about the aesthetic sensibilities of the owner.

The packet of fabrics they gave me for the next step seems to be mostly fairly dark blues, but I sort of think I should give it one more band, in a light fabric to tie the two parts together.

I have a sort of plan, which includes putting this on point. Over the next few weeks we will see if it works at all.

No comments: