Monday, March 26, 2012

One Hat

Finally a hat post.

I have been making progress on my 52 Hats Project, but unfortunately I have not been finishing the blasted little things and even less have I been successfully photographing them. I think I am more or less on target, except for the finishing touches. I just cannot seem to get around to making the pompoms or knitting the flowers -- actually I am quite keen to try knitting the flowers, but I did not find appropriate yarn.


This hat is based on the Grow With Me Baby Hat by Hither and Yarn

Baby Hat


This version, probably sized to fit a six month old, was knit in an acrylic bamboo blend by Caron. I knit this with the left overs from a scarf I knit for my aunt. The yarn is quite soft and pleasant to knit with and I have a couple of balls in other colours, so I will undoubtedly use more of it for baby hats.

No comments: