Sunday, March 4, 2012

Coasters

Coasters


Honestly I haven't been doing much creating in the last month or so and hardly any quilting. I am beginning to feel a bit depressed and stressed about my lack of progress. It is a bit of a chicken and egg problem, I am not really sure which came first, the stress or the depression. What I do know, is that I have got to get back to work.

In my defense, I have been doing a fair bit of tutoring and somehow when I get home I am just not up to much. Further in my defense, I have several quilts worked to the point that they need borders, a stage which seems to require immense quantities of thought and mental dexterity. I've laid the quilts out on all kinds of fabric, but I am not yet, quite ready to cut. I promise I will get on with it.

In the mean time, I clearly have not met my minimum goal of one blog post a week, but I am getting close to being up to date on my one hat a week, or 52 hats in the year, knitting project. Knitting hats, children's or otherwise is the prefect project when you don't have the mental energy to do much thinking. I will take a few photos later in the week so I can post some evidence of my progress.

Coasters


What I have completed are these four coasters. I made them from partial bits of blocks, which turned out to be unnecessary for use in a wall quilt I finished months ago. A friend bought the quilt, and I think I will go ahead and ship these coasters off to her -- doesn't every body need coasters to match their wall quilts?

Coasters

No comments: